made with GanttPRO
- Marketing Plan Checklist
- Marketing Plan
- Define Your Target Market
- Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
- SWOT Profile
How does your brand compare to the rest of the market?
- Distribution Plan
- Pricing & Positioning Strategy
- Offers & Incentives
- Increasing the Take
List the tactics used to increase revenue on each sale, or over the life of the customer relationship.
- Customer Retention
How do you keep your customers coming back?
- Traditional Marketing Materials
- Promotions & Programs
List all the ways you promote your brand. Include any programs offered by channel partners, vendors, or distributors.
- Content Marketing
• Case Studies • Customer Testimonials • Newsletters • Webinars • Press Releases • Published Articles • Speaking Opportunities • Public Relations
- Digital Marketing/Social Media
- Demographic Profile of Customers
• Gender • Age • Generation (e.g., Baby Boomers, Generation X) • Income • Marital Status • Household Size • Location • Occupation/Employment Status • Industry (if B2B) • Education • Nationality/Ethnicity • Language • Religion • Organizational Memberships • Other key demographics?
- Psychographic Profile of Customers
What things do they care strongly about? What do they do for fun? What TV shows or movies do they watch? Are there things that just don’t interest them at all?
What are the ways your brand stands out from the competition? What stories are uniquely yours?
- Key Values
List any and all values and/or benefits that your products and/or services bring to your customers.
- Customer Response
How will customers feel after consuming your product or service?
- Customer Perception
How would you like customers to think about your business? Example: as being a trusted company, as being the most affordable choice, etc. Examples: WalMart has low prices; Mercedes means luxury; Apple is cool
- Brand Attributes
Different from what your product brings to your customer, this section is describing what your customer experiences through using your brand. Breifly summarize these key attributes of your product/service through the eyes of your customer.
- Direct Distribution Methods
Products are distributed to customers via retail location(s), online sales, direct mail, etc.
- Indirect Distribution Methods
Products are distributed to customers via distributors, other retailers, partners, etc.
Generally describe the style of your product/service (smooth, modern, sexy)
Describe how your product/service works for your client. (fast, convenient, secure)
How does your product add to your customer’s experience? (new opportunity, on my side, empowering)
After using your product, how does your customer feel? (safe, confident, I’m an insider)
What does your product represent to your customer? (smart shopper, quality experience, easy to use)
Challenges, life events, lessons, aspirations connected to your product/service. (building a comfortable nest, providing a haven for family, connecting to family more)
Describe unexpected or illogical feelings your product/service inspires. (because I feel safe I can take more risks, because this is cool looking, it is fun to use)
- Keyword/SEO Strategy
• Content • Links • Site Structure
- Social Media
• Facebook • Twitter • YouTube • LinkedIn
- Paid Online Advertising
• (PPC) • (PPM) • (PPA)